Almost to Boone
Boone, North Carolina, has a friend in me. I could live here.

A fabulous college town. Good used bookstores. And for my curiosity, museums, the arts are celebrated. For my necessary frugality a number of second hand stores. New age and flower children have a place here. Peace.
Be organic, go green! Health food stores, more than one. Whatever you could want to eat I believe it can be found here, in restaurant or grocery or farmer’s market.
Clothing shops on the cutting edge of fashion. Indoor mall offering a wide variety of merchandise.
It is thrilling to see lush green lawns filled with the colors of a rainbow showy with flowers. From so much rain the land it is squishy wet.
Vanderpool Campground is surrounded by mountains and more mountains and sweet smelling woods. I walked the paved roads beside the fenced woods, farmers need fences.
Lots of young people everywhere full of energy, mystery, and some mischief, I’m sure. It is great fun to listen to their talk, busting out with energy and excitement. They feel so good and enjoy life. It rubs off.
I have had such a good time, met a few new people, and loved the particular beauty of Boone.
1. 3rd Place Salon
2. Capone's - Untouchable - Bar and Grille
3. Sheer Shakti Salon and Lucky Penny Clothing
4. Future home of Loca'l Artist's Exhibit's
5. Gladiola Girls Door Bell
6. Gladiola Girl's Screen Door
7. Mellow Mushroom Pizza Bakers
8. Our Daily Bread Restaurant
9. Indo 1960's Hippy Store - Peace
10. Split Ends Hair Salon
2. Capone's - Untouchable - Bar and Grille
3. Sheer Shakti Salon and Lucky Penny Clothing
4. Future home of Loca'l Artist's Exhibit's
5. Gladiola Girls Door Bell
6. Gladiola Girl's Screen Door
7. Mellow Mushroom Pizza Bakers
8. Our Daily Bread Restaurant
9. Indo 1960's Hippy Store - Peace
10. Split Ends Hair Salon
1. Harmon Gun Shop
2. Speakeasy Tatoo
3. Lily at the Baptist Church
4. Hair Salon - Closed
5. Patriotic
6. Open Door - Global Gifts
6. Indo 1960"s Peace Gifts.....




4 comments:
what a wonderful place. i have been all over nc but never to boone. they have a lot going on there!
I would definately enjoy this town. Great photos and description.
It sure sounds like a nice place 'Boone' wonder if Daniel came from there!
There sure is a lot of shops and things to do there
Enjoy your holiday..
have a good week
val xx
I saw you leave this morning, but it was too late to run out and wave :) I hope you love Hickory just as much as Boone (or you can always come back to Vanderpool). Have fun...Rhett says hi!
Post a Comment