"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Monday Was Yesterday - Here's What I Did.....

July 30, 2013
Tuesday

These photos are of the Blue Ridge mountains as we traveled south in North Carolina, to Hickory.

Hickory, North Carolina:

In the 1850s, under a huge hickory tree, Henry Robinson built a tavern of logs. The city of "Hickory Tavern" was established in 1863 and the name was eventually changed to "Hickory" in 1873.” (wikipedia)

Hope it is well with you.

5 comments:

mxtodis123 said...

Those mountains are simply gorgeous. Now I know how they got their name.
Mary

Kerri Farley said...

Truly lovely!!

AkasaWolfSong said...

Such a gorgeous mountain range...
I'll have to head over to wiki and check out the write-up. :)

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers Sister Soul...always!

May summer's blessings surround you,
Akasa
xoxoxo

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

oh my
such beauty...

jaz@octoberfarm said...

beautiful!

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers