"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Saturday, May 25, 2013

awakening begins....


“To laugh often and much, to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to have played and laughed with enthusiasm and sung with exultation; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived - that is to have succeeded.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

“Not to judge others, to live and breath a religion of kindness, blessed are the peacemakers, these words feel like awakening to me.”

the wild magnolia

7 comments:

mxtodis123 said...

Beautiful bird. I remember one morning, when I still had my magical garden, I opened a door and there sat the most beautiful cardinal. I couldn't take my eyes off of him. Imagine that. Here in Brooklyn, NY.
Mary

Moma Fauna said...

"...to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to have played and laughed with enthusiasm and sung with exultation; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived - that is to have succeeded.” Oh, Y.E.S.! :)

Terra said...

Beautiful words from the wise Emerson, infused with his Christian faith.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

The best of words
and image...

Umā said...

How beautiful! Cardinals seems so shy, it's hard to get photos of them (I find). I'm always thrilled to hear them singing in the spring.

Willow said...

Wonderful words of wisdom .

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Pray your daughter is doing well.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers