"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day - I Remember, I Honor, I Respect

When you go home,
Tell them of us and say,
For your tomorrow,
We gave our today.
~Operation Red Wings Angel Flight~


"This breaks my heart. I remain thankful for all who gave all.  I remain thankful for all who came home never to be the same again.  I remain thankful for all of our soldiers.

I remember our soldiers often, not only on Memorial Day."

 (my repost from 2012 I cannot say it any better than this.)

5 comments:

Terra said...

Yes, it is heart breaking to think of their sacrifices, and we remember.

erleichda said...

History should never been forgoten.
It would be a catastrophy....


(Thank you so much for the lovliest of greetings on my last post. It made my heart melt : )

In My Wild Eden said...

Very touching post. We must always remember.

Vagabonde said...

I saw your name on Cajun Delight and came for a visit. Do you also live in Louisiana? On the top right of your blog you show a picture that looks like Colette. Luckily when we were in New Orleans a couple of weeks ago I found 3 paperbacks in French of Colette – the Claudine series. I am almost finished reading them. You have a thoughtful post on Memorial Day. My father was badly injured in WW2 and my mother almost was killed while working with the Resistance. Acts like that cannot be forgotten.

Laura said...

Thank you for your compassionate remembrance.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers