This morning we leave Cedar Key, Florida. It was great fun. Hiking about on the Lower Suwannee River Refuge and Levy County Lower Suwannee Campground. Cedar Key has preserved the old southern homes and raised up a few newer one.
There is a small beach surrounded my motels. Seafood is the rage here and it is delicious. The restaurants are on the second key island.
Cedar Key is a commercial fishing and crabbing town. Newly raising clams, seeded in burlap bags, and harvesting a bag full of clams.
Looking out across the marsh grasses and salt water to the Gulf of Mexico being just out of sight was a joy. Photographing the Ibis, Cardinals, and Pelicans produces a few nice pictures.
Cedar Key is one of my heart places. Something here pulls me close. To have this “feeling” about a town makes it harder to leave.
My blogging will be less for all the travel and walking about. I will however be keeping up my visits to your blogs. I don't want to miss a thing.
Summer wildness is on the way. Have yourself some fun.
Love you all!
See ya!









4 comments:
what a charming place! glad you had a good trip!
Looks like a wonderful place!! I would love to visit!
Safe Travels Sister! :)
Loved the photo walkabout!
(((Big Hugs)))
Looks fabulous and great pics, too! Wish I was there! :) Have fun, cher!
Post a Comment