"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Saturday, September 29, 2012

"A Running Flame....."

"Autumn burned brightly, a running flame through the mountains, a torch flung to the trees.”

Faith Baldwin
“ Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree.”
Emily Bronte
A picture of my good morning mountains, the great Smoky Mountains .  I could stay forever between these mountains.

Maggie Valley is dressed up for Fall.

Pumpkins and scarecrows, blackbirds and people ready to celebrate a season of warmth.  Barrels filled with apples and carts of tomatoes and cabbages.
Apple Cake and Apple Fritters and Apple Cider.

It is good to be in this place and feel so welcome.

A rainy day in my Smoky Mountains.

Wishing good things to settle in your life.

7 comments:

My Grama's Soul said...

Oh my.....what an absolutely gorgeous part of our country you are sharing with us today. We have not been there...but it is on our "bucket list".

Stay well, friend.

Jo

mxtodis123 said...

What a tremendously lovely part of the country! Such beauty.
Mary

jaz@octoberfarm said...

isn't it gorgeous? i drove through the appalacians yesterday and they were breath taking! i love fall so much!

Bohemian said...

Maggie Valley is Dressed Up for Fall splendidly! I do miss the changing of the Seasons since being here in the Desert it is more of a Constant. Though to be sure once it gets to be October our Weather becomes absolutely Glorious and it's my Fav time of year. We have many Visitors from other parts of the States and the World coming to Enjoy our Winters here so I feel Blessed to have this now be my Home State. Being such a Gypsy and Global Nomad most of my Life was spent Traveling extensively and never putting down roots, so to have roots in a particular place is different for me, but I have Embraced it better than I thought I would... the Wanderlust only tugs at me every so often now.

Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sandy, Oh my
you bring back memories.
The mountains
I would visit
many years ago
are so beautiful.
Enjoy
this time...

AkasaWolfSong said...

Good Morning Darlinest One!

I love your photo's!!! The Smokies are too beautiful...as are you for sharing this bit of loveliness with us. :) Our colors are just now beginning and everything looks hazy and glorious...I totally love the Autumn glow.

Abundant Peace to You...
Much Love,
Akasa

Lynette Killam said...

Ooh, I love this post...such beautiful country, especially at this time of the year. Thanks for a wonderful dose of Autumn pleasure...:)

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers