"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Saturday, August 25, 2012

Kary Gonyer - Today a Celebration of Life

A View - the Illinois River - Morning


A citrus evergreen candle is lighted today in memory of Kary Gonyer.  She became a found friend while blogging.

You actually get to know a person as you read and look at the pieces of life they choose to share.  It is great fun.

I miss her presence on this earth.  As I walked beside the river today I told Kary I miss her.

Today I remember her family and her husband.  Kary loved her fur babies too.  I pray for peace and comfort.

This is Kary’s memorial celebration day.  

She has gone too soon.



Kary says, "What's going on in here ? are you calling me, mom? you see...right under the fence is a duck next door named pete...and teddy and pete have become BEST FRIENDS this summer... "




Death Is Nothing At All

Death is nothing at all. I have only slipped away into the next room. I am I, and you are you. Whatever we were to each other, that we still are. Call me by my old familiar name, speak to me in the easy way that you always used. Put no difference in your tone, wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow. Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed together. Play, smile, think of me, pray for me. Let my name be ever the household word that it always was, let it be spoken without effect, without the trace of a shadow on it.

Life means all that it ever meant. It is the same as it ever was; there is unbroken continuity. Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight? I am waiting for you, for an interval,somewhere very near, just round the corner.

All is well.

-- Henry Scott Holland





4 comments:

Jen said...

I Love Your Blog so much! I have also nominated you for 3 blog awards :)
http://www.confessionsofakitchenwitch.com/2012/08/one-very-lovely-inspiring-sunshiny-award.html

jaz@octoberfarm said...

thanks for posting this about kary. her memorial just started. she would be so happy to know all of the people she touched.

Ashling said...

I loved My Farmhouse Kitchen and was deeply saddened when it disappeared & then when word came about Kary. Your post honors her so well. Thank you.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful, heartfelt tribute. My goodness the world is a tiny place sometimes. Kary must not have lived very far from me. Avila Beach is just a 45 minute drive away. I am so sorry I didn't get the chance to know her better.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers