Mardi Gras is French for Fat Tuesday, the last day of eating rich foods before Lent. This day transitions to Ash Wednesday or Shrove Tuesday (from shrive - to confess), the beginning of Lent. Lent traditionally lasts 40 days until the Saturday before Easter. This time is celebrations, and a time of penance for sins committed.
From Zulu with Love.
Laisser les bons temps rouler; let the good times roll; lets make the good times begin.
I love celebrations. I love traditions. I love the art of carrying something from the past into now. I like the Frenchness of this day. I love King Cake. I love to observe special days.
Good times: health, times of plenty, love, happiness, for family and friends.
Gumbo tonight.
Ya'Ya'.



4 comments:
Enjoy that gumbo!
Love it!!
I just realized that all my pictures from New Orleans are still on the old computer and I need to hook that baby up and download them...if I can figure out how to do it.
Happy February...
all these years and i had NO idea it meant fat tuesday!
fun.
edit: man oh man, 2nd try with WV.
I remember having to give up something we loved for Lent...like chocolate...what torture it was! But then you got to make up for it on Easter morning...love that photo of the apartment!
Post a Comment