"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Friday, November 4, 2011

"Every Landscape....A State of The Soul..."

"Walked for half an hour in the garden.  A fine rain was falling, and the landscape was that of autumn.  The sky was hung with various shades of gray, and mists hovered about the distant mountains - a melancholy nature.  The leaves were falling on all sides like the last illusions of youth under the tears of irremediable grief.  A brood of chattering birds were chasing each other through the shrubberies, and playing games among the branches, like a knot of hiding schoolboys.  Every landscape is, as it were, a state of the soul, and whoever penetrates into both is astonished to find how much likeness there is in each detail."


-   Henri Frederic Amiel 


I am a hopeless romantic.  The earths beauty and animals stir my spirit and soul.  Look at the sweet potato fresh from the garden.  Isn't this thrilling?

If you love gardening stop by the blog to see many more pictures and garden stories and recipes.

Happy Friday, Wishing everyone a Happy Saturday and Sunday.

You are the greatest!

6 comments:

On Fragile Wings said...

Happy Friday to you.

I really enjoyed the written word that you posted, eloquent writing indeed.

blessings Sharon

Akannie said...

Happy Friday--oops...Sat now probably. Beautiful cat too...

Love sweet potatoes, gonna make a sweet potato pie tomorrow evening. We grow a lot of them here at Honeysuckle Hill.

Just love your blog...always makes me feel good.

TTFN! Annie

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sandy, thank you for sharing this site with me.
Have a lot in commeon..

AkasaWolfSong said...

Ahhh...the nature and gardener lovers delight!

For those who love sweet potatoes I say Yes! For those who don't like them so much I say...well, I don't know what to say, lol. I'm one of those who never developed a taste for them but I love the beauty of the shape and the way it grows and the texture and color, .... am I catching the wave here? Ha Ha Ha...

Wishing You a Spectacular Weekend Sandra!!! Radiant Blessings Too!

xoxoxo

Marti said...

What a wonderful picture. Kitty just seems interested in a nap. Just dropped by and enjoyed the visit. Come see me sometime.
Marti

kerrdelune said...

All lovely, dearMagnolia, the sweet potato, the cat and the flowers, the patterned jacket, the light. A rare treat and thank you for sharing it.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers