
Comments on Top Photo:
Frida Kahlo, Still Life with Parrot and Fruit/Naturaleza muerta con loro y frutas, 1951. 10 ½ x 14 inches. (Nickolas Muray Collection, Harry Ransom Humanities Research Center, The University of Texas at Austin) © 2007 Banco de México Diego Rivera & Frida Kahlo Museums Trust. Av. Cinco de Mayo No. 2, Col. Centro, Del. Cuauhtémoc, 06059, México D.F.
Second Photo:
Frida's Beloved Blue House
Frida Kahlo
July 6, 1908 - July 13 1958
Frida Kahlo's art it distinctive of her life. Bright beauty and set apart by who she was.
My personal favorite is the top photo.
Her heart takes me to her homeland, I see the culture, I know more of Mexico through her art. I do like all of her paintings. ❤
Frida Tree by Heather Galler - Photo Source - Click here.
Her heart takes me to her homeland, I see the culture, I know more of Mexico through her art. I do like all of her paintings. ❤
Frida Tree by Heather Galler - Photo Source - Click here.



6 comments:
I like the colorful pieces that you chose for your blog. There is another piece of Frida's that I like. I believe it is called "Thorns" because she is wearing thorns as a neck embellishment which I find very interesting.
Her life was filled with much pain and yet she managed to always move forward.
She is a woman of great courage and talent. She never saw herself as second class to any man.
I likey that...
You have great taste.
happy weekend
hugs Sharon
I appreciate your picture choices too. I have a friend who loves Frida Kahlo. I'll send her over.
I did not know about her,I love the first picture best too!
she was an amazingly gifted woman...I love the folk symbols and colors in her work. Thank you for all of your visits and support, I'm sorry I've not been around to visit much.
Have you read her journal? I have it and one side is in Spanish, the other in English! Makes me not be so particular with need to make pretty in my journals! She was fascinating!
She always reminds me of my grandmother who raised me...they were only a couple of years apart, my grandma being older...she was born in 1905. Spicey firery women! Full of color! Full of contradiction! Just like life!
when i was young there was almost a shrine to Frida in my home, my mother being an artist and feminist at the time, i am not sure how i felt about her at the time. as i grew older i started learning more about her to the point of obsession every person she was in contact with - i would read about them k- it is because of her i am so found of russian literature because of her friendship with trotsky. her books are permanent pieces in my home. she and her work and imagination is a gift.
Post a Comment