"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Samhain - Happy Halloween



"One need not be a chamber to be haunted;
One need not be a house; The brain has corridors surpassing Material place."
~Emily Dickinson
It has been revealed, my maternal Grandfather was Irish & Irish.  I look to my heritage to see Samhain/Halloween more clearly.
Celtic history brings forth Samhain a most important day in the year.  Samhain is a mid point, “summer’s end”.
Therefore Samhain is a holiday set apart and celebrated by my Celtic ancestors.  You see how I am drawn to remembrances of times past.

Trick or treat?
Trick or treat?
Give me something good to eat.
Apples, nuts, tangerines.
Happy Happy Halloween.

2 comments:

Joan@CopperCreeker said...

WoW you have an amazing blog.
I dropped by to let you know that I've started blogging again.

Kerry O'Gorman said...

I love to know the history of these 'pagan' holidays...keeps us in touch with the ancient ones, don't it?

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers