"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Saturday, October 15, 2011

"...In the Deep Fall..."



In the deep fall
don't you imagine the leaves think how
comfortable it will be to touch
the earth instead of the
nothingness of air and the endless
freshets of wind?
~ Mary Oliver, excerpt from Song for Autumn
in New and Selected Poems, Volume Two

Happy weekend ya'll! ❤

5 comments:

Texan said...

So ready for fall here! Its been a long very hot and dry summer here in Texas. We have started to cool down some and its wonderful!

Gail Dixon said...

What a beautiful image! The colors are exquisite. I love Autumn...named my daughter after it. :) Hope you are having a glorious weekend.

Relyn Lawson said...

Opps! It ate my last one. I just said that I love Mary Oliver. What a woman! What a writer.

Alina said...

Dear Wild Magnolia (love that name :0) Thank you for visiting my Blog and becoming a friend. I love it here and will be back again soon. XO

kerrdelune said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous, can't decide which one I like best. They are all lovely.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers