“Willows whiten, aspens quiver,
Little breezes dusk and shiver
Through the wave that runs for ever
By the island in the river
Flowing down to Camelot.
Four grey walls, and four grey towers,
Overlook a space of flowers,
And the silent isle imbowers
The Lady of Shalott.”
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson ~
Words in part are magical enchantments. Words create other lands, open doors to the universe, and impart knowledge, to name a few gifts. The sound of Alfred Lord Tennyson’s poetic word dream give me Camelot and The Lady of Shalott each time I read them.
This short portion is my favorite and I love reading it aloud with dramatic emphasis.
A Lady shut away, given second hand glimpses of life, through her mirror while weaving.
Even though a tragic tale, I shiver at the imagery of the land and river, and the Lady of Shalott. The tale brings pleasure in the telling.
Sir Lancelot cared nothing for her, he did not know her, and she gave all. His compliment of her beauty was probably proper. Perhaps she did not believe the curse, or her eagerness to be near Lancelot and freedom, swallowed her senses. Why does not matter death took her after a short ride down the river in a boat she named for herself.



5 comments:
Oh I do love this new, magical look.
Mary
Beautiful post!
Magical indeed!
Victoria
Love this
took me to a special place
Out of the woods :)
The ladies are beautiful
indeed..
A joy to read and watch, great new lay-out!! xx
I feel like I'm in a new majickal land over here, lol! :)
Just Beautiful Beloved! Ahhhh!
xoxoxo
Post a Comment