This jar if filled with marble beauty, and yes, brings back memories of my childhood.
Confession is good for the soul, right? This morning I carefully chose a colorful autumn photograph from my stash of gathered online pictures. It was bright and meditative, so welcoming, you want to be there now. Please see photo below.
Doing online research I was horrified to discover today is Thursday, not Wednesday, I began to tingle all over and hyper-ventilate. Eeek.....I clicked on my blogger icon as quickly as I could, and de-let-ed the “over-the hill - she has gone and lost her marbles” posted evidence, click-click-click and it is gone. Gone but not forgotten. Ya know what I mean???
I loved to play marbles. I loved collecting marbles. I have no idea where I put my jar(s) of marbles. I’ve been online searching for marbles. I want my marbles. I will buy more marbles.


9 comments:
That's alright Sister...lol...I've lost my marbles too! Matter of fact, my old boss gave me a gift one day at work..a pretty little bag, and when I opened it up there were three Cat's Eyes in it...she started laughing and told me I'd lost my marbles and she was replacing them for me. I still think of that some 17 years or so later and giggle my heart out! (I love marbles too!) And....I love you Sweet Spirit of Light! :)
xoxoxo
I saw that Wordless Wednesday, knew you'd posted it today, and didn't even blink an eye. Guessing alot of us wouldn't even notice. Makes me feel better to think so, anyway!! My partner has long loved marbles, still has some, and reminisces about playing with them as a child. You need to go find some....what a small thing to bring you pleasure!
Ah, I can comment. Before you put the jar of marbles up, I couldn't. I loved playing marbles as a child. Had quite a collection of them. I happen to have a canning jar at home. I think I'm gonna fill it up with marbles.
Mary
It has been that sort of a week. I just cannot believe it is Thursday. So if you don't mind, I will just appreciate Wordless Wednesday today.
I have a fond memory of "shooting marbles" when I was a child. One of the sweetest memories I have of my father is being on the living room floor, having our Saturday night show down. I firmly believe that by understanding the angles of shooting marbles, it helped me with my quilting projects and shooting pool in my little one-horse-town barrooms.
Oh, how many times I've gotten my days mixed up! Why is it always a day behind. Why can't we ever think it's a day ahead, and actually be relieved to have "found" that extra time. Instead it always leaves us in a frantic state of time lost.
Great post Sandi, go look for some marbles, look at them, feel them, marbles are lovely things, they hold dreams and sweet childhood magic :) xx
Hmm, I missed your mistake, so to me, you still have all your marbles!
Having trouble leaving comments on these new Blogger formats... so will try again.
Thanks for stopping by & yes, viva la differences!
I too have a couple of Vintage Canning Jars filled with Antique Marbles that have been passed down & enjoyed for several generations now... great way to visually store them so they can be enjoyed and not hidden away.
Dawn... The Bohemian
Happy to hear I am not the only one losing their marbles...
lol
Sharon
Post a Comment