There was a girl.....
This photo brings back memories. Everything seems to be “bringing back memories” for me these days. The filtered sun and graduated layers of colored sunset take me back to childhood at Venice Beach in Florida. There was a pavilion, this same color, Spanish style. It made me feel like I was in Casablanca.
Playing in the sun and surf made me so hungry. So I feasted on fresh made juicy hamburgers, fat french fries, and Coca Cola in a glass bottle.
I loved this place. I seem to remember a juke box and Roy Orbison and Elvis making my day.
I met my first two boyfriends at the Venice Beach in Florida. Tom and Everett.
The pavilion is gone, youth has turned the corner, but I still love fresh made juicy hamburgers.
Though much changed I still love to drive down Venice Avenue to the beach.
I loved this place. I seem to remember a juke box and Roy Orbison and Elvis making my day.
I met my first two boyfriends at the Venice Beach in Florida. Tom and Everett.
The pavilion is gone, youth has turned the corner, but I still love fresh made juicy hamburgers.
Though much changed I still love to drive down Venice Avenue to the beach.
❤


5 comments:
I'm with you...everything seems to be bringing back memories....is it our age ? lol
Happy Sunday dear girl....
Ah yes, me thinks it is our age, indeed. I love the freedom of aging. Health is more important than beauty, cosmetics, high heals and hose. Health, provisions, insurance, family and friends.....these are the jewels of life.
Thank you Akannie for stopping by to see me.
It's amazing how, as U age, those forgotten years come back. Thanks for such a wonderful post.
Mary
I'm with you on memories, they can be a sweet place to "visit", as we age.
Oh, the beach. I wonder if those of us who did not have an ocean, still have a beach?
I grew up in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. As teenagers, my sister and I would bicycle to Bradford Beach, along Lake Michigan. We spent our teenage summers there and were careful to never eat the burgers or buy the sodas. If we spent our allowance on junk food, we would have to get summer day jobs and give up our days of summer on the beach.
I wish we could have had a Venice, FL or Venice, CA experience as teenagers.
Post a Comment