Will
"Three generations back
my family had only
to light a candle
and the world parted.
Today, Friday afternoon
I disconnect clocks and phones.
When night fills my house
with passages,
I begin saving
my life."
by
Marcia Falk
My life is being saved daily.
A seeker of sacred destinations is always vitally alive in search of connection. Connection, then communication of spiritual life. Spiritual life touches our physical and mental being. This is my belief.
We are free to seek out our individual meditations and reflections, our very own sacred life.
Prairie lands with miles of open space grab my attention immediately. A longing of some sort takes me, possibly wanting to run wild across the land. This is a sacred happy of mine. What I really want, is to be smack dab in the middle of the wildness, all by myself. Drinking in the beauty and sounds of nature and thriving in solitude. This is only one of my sacred’s.
Having said before, I remain at times, a mental traveler.
Wishing peace to find you each moment of the day.
Thank you for visiting and for commenting. I love the company of friends. ❦


9 comments:
Our connection to the Sacredness of the Earth Mother is as old as the Blessed Universe...the bones of our Ancestors rising up into the soles/souls of our feet each time we step upon Herself.
I cannot begin to tell you the many times I've felt my spirit rise up out of me to meet the spirit of some land I had never before experienced in this lifetime but knew it...as if I'd been there before?
Beautiful Sharing Sister of my Heart...
xoxoxo
The line, "Prairie lands with miles of open space grab my attention immediately," reminds me of the summers I traveled across Minnesota and South Dakota, by motorcycle, en route to Sturgis. The prairie lands seemed to roll on forever. I found myself feeling consumed by the spirit of women who walked these lands to reach their new home. I felt myself be on a pilgrimage of sorts, remembering them, walking the hills prior to the time of gas-powered vehicles.
I continue to roam, but I am not always free to feel the comfort that a woman my age feels when she is in a room of her own. (Thanks to Virginia Wolfe) Somedays, the best I can do for myself is wake up early, go outside with bare feet and wrapped in a minimum amount of clothing, to feel the earth below and the air around.
Sometimes, I am privileged to just a few minutes in the morning, before my partner wakes. Other times I have the sacred space of hours of meditation and practice.
I love the connections that I've made here at Blogger. Coming to this gathering of on-line women is a vital and sacred part of my day.
I am so disliking city life. It seems as each year passes, I yearn more and more for the quiet country life in which I was raised.
Mary
Sandra, thank you.
Yes, I have much time of solitude.
But lately too much going on that
it is almost throwing me off
balance.
The quiet times will return, when you are a mother and have children and grandchildren you cannot disconect totally...
Hi Sandra.....thanks for stopping by and leaving your kind comment. I would love to learn how to write ~~ from YOU. (O:(O:
Loved this post today about prairie life. Of course, living part time in Montana as I do, I feel a very strong connection to this land.
Jo
The places one can visit, the peace and calm that are so inspiring and energizing, the insights they bring, the comfort and strenght it brings... it is sacred,
Love from one mental traveller to another x
I feel the same way about water sources or the deep woods. The trees talk to me and I become lost in
the spirit of the water.
I love the prairie dog piccy...
hugs and blessings Sandra
I had never heard of Marcia Falk. Now, thanks to your sharing of her evocative words, I am off to discover a new author. I hope. Happy day, friend.
I love the phrase "sacred happy"!
Post a Comment