"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Thursday, August 18, 2011

You Will Know - Emily Dickinson

You’ll know it — as you know ’tis Noon –
By Glory –
As you do the Sun –
By Glory –
As you will in Heaven –
Know God the Father — and the Son.
By intuition, Mightiest Things
Assert themselves — and not by terms –
“I’m Midnight” — need the Midnight say –
“I’m Sunrise” — Need the Majesty?
Omnipotence — had not a Tongue –
His listp — is Lightning — and the Sun –
His Conversation — with the Sea –
“How shall you know”?
Consult your Eye!
(Emily Dickinson)



5 comments:

mxtodis123 said...

Beautiful. I love the picture. Hoping you have a great weekend.
Mary

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

lovely

happy to see you at farmhouse kitchen today, my friend

sending love,
kary and sweet summer teddy boy !
xx

My Grama's Soul said...

What a marvelous picture to go with that beautiful verse.

Emily Dickinson is actually one of my favorites.

xo

Jo

Melodie said...

You did a great job matching a picture to those wonderful lines!

On Fragile Wings said...

Emily Dickenson...

now that
is poetry.

in awe here

hugs Sharon

p.s. love the moon art

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers