"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Friday, August 19, 2011

"Be Sure to Wear Some Flowers in Your Hair"

“…For those who come to San Francisco
Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair
If you come to San Francisco
Summertime will be a love-in there…”
Pablo Picasso

~ Scott McKenzie Lyrics to San Francisco (Be Sure to Wear Some Flowers in Your Hair)


I am nostalgic.  Gazing backward and bringing up old emotions.   I was never a flower child but I could be. I wanna to be, right this very minute.
Flowers in my hair, I dream of it. 
Visiting San Francisco, the Golden Gate Bridge, Chinatown, old bookstores, you get the picture, I can see it now.
Hippies, free spirits.  Not being material minded.  Live naturally on less,  Keep it simple.  Traveling around, staying here awhile, there awhile.  I like lovin’, but free love is not for me.  You could catch something you can’t get rid of.  I’m a one man women anyway.
Freedom.  I can sense the flower child freedom and some of it calls to me.


 Flower Child is a state of mind and I am a free spirit.


I am a mental traveler.


I want to meet some gentle people.


Happy Day.  Wishing you all a good weekend!
Third Photo Anonymus

8 comments:

Ashling said...

Love this...I was born about 10 years too late to be a real flower child, but in my heart soul always have been!

AkasaWolfSong said...

I didn't live in San Fran but I sure practiced Flower Power where I lived. :)

Being a Free Spirit is a state of mind and with any luck at all we can take it on the road....I totally get that one Sandi!!! I did enough of it when I was young and even after my children were born I moved across country several times.

Here's wishing you a Fantastic walk backwards and then to moving it forward on the road with lovely stories to share!
Bless You Sweet Sister Soul~

mxtodis123 said...

One of my favorites songs. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.
Mary

Laura said...

When I was a young girl (in the mid 1970's) my mom would tell me I was born just a little too late...that I most certainly was meant to be a flower child:-) Beautiful photos!

Kameshwari said...

Are you currently in San Francisco?

If you have not been there, it is a must see, must do. There are still old bookstores, waiting for you to browse. Haight Ashbury District remains an attraction for young people from around the world. There are still the charming San Franciscan Victorian homes in the Haight and Cole Valley areas. It is worth walking through these neighborhoods. You can almost feel the love-ins, sense the free love, and still smell the lingering patchouli .

Put flowers in your hair. You are the flower child.

Flower Power!

On Fragile Wings said...

I was most definitely a flower child . Always wore my hair very long and straight and parted in the midde
with flowers. I used to crochet tiny flowers and beads
on my blue jeans and my suede clogs and yes, I was known to attend every concert there was especially outdoor festivals. Peace and love were all that mattered.

The song takes me back most def.
I am still a free spirit and I still wear flowers in my hair.

Happy weekend.

Anonymous said...

I consider myself a hippie! I'm 54, so I just made it on the tail end of the era...so, I guess I'm a little bit of a corporate hippie ;-) LOL Occasionally I post from the Hippie Cookbook - you might enjoy it.

Never to late..peace, love and stay groovy!

GYPSYWOMAN said...

absolutely never too late and never too early to put those flowers in your hair, lady! such a wonderful trip down memory lane - specifically brought back the memory of the day i burned my bra and pierced my ears! literally - it was my birthday gift for my 32nd birthday and i had five children by then - quit my job and enrolled as an undergraduate all on the same day that i burned and pierced! ;)
- see, it really really is never too late - the 70s for me were the days of concerts and halter tops and cut off jeans and flowers in my hair - all with my kids in tow most of the time! ;)

anyway, wonderful post! great images -

here's to flower power
peace
and
love

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers