wrap a cloak of Sunday quiet
around your shoulders
and lounge through
the day
This past week was full of emotional events impacting
our country.
I hope your day is filled with good things.
war and poverty
cut a wide path
heart pain
war and poverty
cut a wide path
heart pain
hope hangs
in the willow
trees
sandra m. hagan (c) august 14, 2011

8 comments:
What a beautiful river Sandi...
Speaking of your Sunday Shawl, I think I'm off to do that now...it has been an intense week, but I've had my Grandaughter with me to help balance all out. Thank Creator for the innocence and purity of children. Bless them each and every one!!!
Enjoy your day Beautiful One!
xoxoxo
I love that..hope hangs in willow trees...
Willows are one of my favorite trees. Since a child I've loved them. Now, when I see them I will think of hope.
Mary
Lovely sentiments. I'm have a fairly lazy Sunday and loving it. Hope you've had a wonderful weekend my dear!
Love the post, one of my favorite songs by one of my favorite artists gone way too soon. And one of my favorite places to play not too far from my home. Perfect way to sum up the kind of day I had and fitting that I read it as I tuck myself in for a peaceful slumber.
What a beautiful photo. Lovely words to accompany it.
Hope hangs in the willows...extraordinary.
Have always loved Annie's Song too...(go figure, lol)
Hope you Sunday was perfect, dear one.
I love willow trees also and use them quite often in my poetry. Speaking of poetry I love the poem enclosed.
Of course rivers are always meaning beauty. I miss my river and my woods.
hugs Sharon
Post a Comment