"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Thursday, August 11, 2011

I Could Never Have Dreamt....

I could never have dreamt that there were such goings-on
in the world between the covers of books,
such sandstorms and ice blasts of words,,,
such staggering peace, such enormous laughter,
such and so many blinding bright lights,, ,
splashing all over the pages
in a million bits and pieces
all of which were words, words, words,
and each of which were alive forever
in its own delight and glory and oddity and light.

Dylan Thomas


photo

8 comments:

Melodie said...

This is so true! There are so many worlds out there in books! It breaks my heart when I hear someone especially a child say they do not like to read! They are missing out on so much...

mxtodis123 said...

Reading has always been my passion. I tried to instill it into my sons, but alas, only one loves his books.
Mary

Akannie said...

ahhhhh......

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Oh yes
books my constant companion
Thankful my children
and now grandchildren
love to read...

Unknown said...

yes, yes, and yes!

Leontien said...

Whooooo YES!!!

Thanks for sharing and i hope you have a great weekend!
Leontien

kerrdelune said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous, and Dylan Thomas is one of my favorite poets ever.

AkasaWolfSong said...

Dylan Thomas...the wonderful poet!

Book are my longtime companion as well...since I learned to read in Kindergarten I have been a voracious reader and will be till I pass this Earth Plane.

Thankfully my Grandchildren are just like me! My Children not so much and I will never be able to figure that one out, lol!

Enjoy your Sunday Beloved Sister of Light! :) xoxoxo

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers