"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Where is Peace?

Monks Walking - The Middle Way

You are here to enable the divine purpose of the universe to unfold. That is how important you are!”  Eckhart Tolle
I believe we do have a purpose.  Each of us matter.  We are important.  I am looking for the way of peace.  Peace for our universe.  Peace for our world.  As the saying goes, I am praying for peace, and let it begin with me.


Believing I have Divine purpose within myself, waiting to unfold into the universe, excites and motivates me.
What color is peace?  Does peace have a religion?  One thing I know for sure, it is valuable and rare.
One of my beliefs is most people like peace, they just want someone else to find it, bring it home and put it to work in their life.  
Is peace hanging on the stars, standing on the moon, at the ocean bottom, drying in a desert, waiting for the wind to touch it, what?
I'm curious.  Why is it so difficult?  
Do we value our own will above all else?  I saw a poster on My Space that said, America is not concerned about the war, America is at the mall.  Ouch.


Peace means compromise and true understanding of what others bring to the table.  We are on the wrong side of wisdom if we are unable to speak and embrace agreement.  


For me, working with peace means I cultivate peace in my own life.  I'm learning.  It is not so simple.  With purpose on purpose.


Each one of us realizing, as Mother Teresa has said, we belong to each other.  One person makes a difference, because one + one = two, and so on.


Just a few of my thoughts.  Wishing everyone a splendid evening, and well, peace.
❉❉❉❉❉❉❉❉❉❉❉❉❉❉❉❉❉❉❉❉❉❉❉❉❉❉❉❉❉❉❉❉❉❉❉❉❉❉❉❉❉❉
"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. "
--Isaiah 26:3


"If we are to teach real peace in this world, and if we are to carry on a real war against war, we shall have to begin with the children." — Mohandas Gandhi


 "One day we must come to see that peace is not merely a distant goal we seek, but that it is a means by which we arrive at that goal. We must pursue peaceful ends through peaceful means."
--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

4 comments:

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

I love this post.
The picture of the monks is so
special - I am going to copy.
Love to you
Let me know when your Therapon
arrives.
I send you peace :)

Kari said...

What a beautiful post! Thank you for these perfect words, and that lovely painting to go with them. I'll be carrying your post with me today, letting it become a part of what I do, what I think, what I say. YOU make such a wonderful difference! xoxo Kari

AkasaWolfSong said...

How beautiful and pure these thoughts Sister...

When I think of Peace I see no lands marked by the wills of men to keep others out, no borders guarded as there is no need, no government as we won't need one. When I see Peace I see all gladly loving the similarities between each soul instead of the differences, embracing the Spark of the Divine within each body.

You are like me Dear Heart...and the older I become the more important it becomes to me to see this come to fruition. I may not see it in my lifetime but I can help in anyway I am able. Help for the Children and those who struggle just to survive. Let us all awaken then!!!!

Much Love to You Dear Sandi this day and everyday! Bless you for this important sharing of your HeartSong!
xoxoxo

onesilentwinter said...

i can not tell you how i need to visit here, thank you.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers