Lovely Double Hibiscus in Pink
by
"the wild magnolia"
The past several days I have been taking care of Irwin's things, disbursing his personal items with respect. One more day and I will be finished. Neither daughter lives here and I was glad to do this one last thing for him. There were many tears shed and even a few smiles while sorting through photographs.
We were married for thirty years, we had three children, and now four grandchildren. We were blessed. We were divorced for twenty years but still good friends and close. I am thankful for all our years together.
He was a:
good Daddy
good Husband for many years
good Pastor
good Friend
good Cook
He was:
kind
compassionate
forgiving
He is the last living person who knew me when I was sixteen years old. We married when I was seventeen. I have loved him since I was sixteen and will continue until the day I die.
The world is a little less bright for his not being here.
We miss and love you Irwin!
9 comments:
My heart reaches out to you. (((Hugs))) He sounds like a very special man. Know that I am thinking of you and sending healing thoughts your way.
Mary
I am so sorry for your loss of Irwin.It sounds like you had a very special bond...I do not believe death breaks that bond.Big Hugs.
Love goes on .. It's very special to have a bond with someone for such a long time and he will stay in your heart I'm sure, love and xx
What a beautiful tribute to the man you shared your life with! Love goes on....no matter what. Be at peace.
I'm so sorry for your loss, my friend. This is a beautifully written tribute. I'm sending hugs to you. Your love for him will never fade.
Your words are beautiful - he sounds perfect.
Your image looks like a painting.
Take care....
Irwin was blessed to have you. Thank you for showing me a picture of Irwin in my head. And he is cured. And he trusted that you would take care of things. You're a wonderful, funny, loving woman. Only good things for you from here on out. I wish I could comfort you. Hug you. Really hug you. XXXXXOOOOO
The hibiscus is beautiful Mom had double hibiscus plants in our yard. I have hibiscus, but I need to order double hibiscus. They're the most exquisite.
Dear Sandi, I dropped by to check on you, and found out about your great loss. I am so sorry. Bless you and bless your Irwin. Please know I am thinking of you so very much. With love, Kari
I just read this post and wanted to send my condolences. This is a lovely tribute to true love between friends. You both knew what was important in life and followed through to take good care of your children and to teach them love. You give me faith that people, although different, can take on such challenges as divorce, and make good of life.
Post a Comment