Woodlands Edge
Friday the last week day, TGIF, for many who work outside the home. I remember how special the weekends were. They were precious as gold. Time off. Not having to get out of bed early unless by choice. Days when you could be your own boss. Freedom.
Is it ever true? Freedom. Are we ever, really, free? What are we needing to be free of? Time, space, accountability, responsibility, working for the man, physical or mental restraints, the need for monetary supplement or commitment. The answer is yes. Some or all of the above is true. And no, we are not ever free. There are always some constraints upon us as humans. Even the independently wealthy have taxes and responsibilities.
I believe the freedom we can attain, is freedom of attitude, and our choice of spiritual journey. In my life, these decisions are what makes the difference because they are within my control.
I have been knocked down and jarred loose from my moorings but I somehow manage to bubble up to the top and have another go at life. You all are the same, I have seen it! Hooray for us!
Wishing you dear hearts a wonderful weekend.
6 comments:
Oh, I do love my Fridays and just this morning was thinking about sleeping in tomorrow, but it's supposed to be springlike tomorrow and I've an herb garden to plant. Gonna be a great weekend. Wish you blessings for this weekend.
Mary
While my weekends don't fall in the usual pattern since I am not always saying TGIF somedays its TGIM etc. but the grattitute for down time is there nonetheless. Today is one of those days for me, two precious days off, filled with things that have to be done but hopefully time left for some genuine free time.
I agree with you, we do seem do bubble to the surface and get on with life. Enjoy your weekend!!
I loved this post(and your photo) and the subject within...my Friday night is on Wednesday; Thursday being the only day my husband and I have off together. Quite often I joke that I need a month of "Thursdays"! Looking at the glass half full is an attribute I have gained through the years and happy as a pig in shite for it! thankyou for visiting my blog when you do and all your kind words...have a great weekend, no matter when it is!
A wonderful weekend to you to my Wise Sister!
I am in total synch with your post!
Many Blessings...
xoxoxo
Hooray for us indeed, and long may we ramble and delight in the world. Love and hugs to you, dearest Magnolia!
Oh yes, once again we soar - when we think it is not possible....
Post a Comment