"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Thursday, April 7, 2011

~ The Romance of Beach ~

"Sea Grape in the Sands" of
Englewood Beach, Florida

William Shakespeare (1564–1616).  The Oxford Shakespeare: Poems.  1914. 
Sonnet CXVI. 



LET me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:

O, no! it is an ever-fixed mark,         5
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wandering bark,
Whose worth’s unknown, although his height be taken.
Love ’s not Time’s fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
Within his bending sickle’s compass come;

  10
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
But bears it out even to the edge of doom.
  If this be error, and upon me prov’d,
  I never writ, nor no man ever lov’d.

1 comment:

mxtodis123 said...

Beautiful. I am so waiting to get to the beach. Last year I isolated myself. This year some changes will be made.
Mary

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers