~Are you going to Scarborough fair?
Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme
Remember me to one who lives there
He once was a true love of mine~
In my mind winter is gone with the end of February. I can be so bold because my home is in the deep south of Florida. I have not been waiting for the snow to melt or the cold weather to leave. Winter did come to Florida, but there was no snow, and precious little cold weather. Cold weather for Floridian's is in the 50’s.
In truth I understand the love hate relationship my northern friends have with winter. Having spent the winter of 2009 in Maine, it was beautiful, wicked cold, and scary for this Florida gal.
One winter was enough for me. The snow I could love and shovel, the ice was another story.
Spring is about tender green new beginnings.
Spring is about soft buds, promises of rainbow flower beauty. There is the spring of earth and the spring of life. I want to tend both a small earth garden, and the garden of my inner life.
Some of my seed gatherings differ from years past. I slip more easily into the natural flow of the seasons. I like the natural unfolding and surprises.
In the earth I want to plant: tomatoes and bell peppers; for the love of Scarborough Fair; I will plant parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme, and for fun marigolds and snapdragons.
My inner garden planting is ongoing and more extensive. The seeds, to name a few are simple, loving kindness, hope, faith, love, and giving back.
A renaissance of thought, of season, and earth’s bounty are guiding my spring this year.
Renaissance -
[French, from Old French, from renaistre, to be born again, from Vulgar Latin *ren
scere, from Latin ren
sc
: re-, re- + n
sc
, to be born; see gen
- in Indo-European roots.]
scere, from Latin ren
sc
: re-, re- + n
sc
, to be born; see gen
- in Indo-European roots.]I'm thinking of my own renaissance fair of favorite spring traditions, rituals, recipes, art, music, vegetables and flowers.




4 comments:
I may live in the north, but with you, Spring begins for me when March begins. I am so waiting for the forsythia. That has always signified Spring to me.
Mary
Last week I thought Spring had arrived. Could see green emerging in my new garden. Today it is bitter cold and wind is blowing. So - this is March - guess I forgot. Difficulty with mindfulness this day - that is when you need to practice the most.
Yes, I am with you, and we can create our own Spring Fairs; I live in a warm climate too so spring in the garden is near.
Aww, what a sweet post... loved the external and internal seeds, great reminder. I am also digging the background on the blog, beautiful!
Post a Comment