"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Friday, March 4, 2011

~ toad's wild ride ~

"The Old Woman and The Toad" artist found here
Note:  I love this painting.  Age and wrinkles are a reality.  The clarity of age and the toad's visit, possibly the fairy tale - kiss the toad and find a prince.  Youthful looks and energy will not return and I accept this.  Kiss the toad, find the prince and ...be young at heart.  This is where I'm at and what I respect in myself and other's.  I am happy with my age and thankful to be here!  Toad's Wild Ride is meant to convey the roller coaster, twist and turns, we human's experience in this magical life.  I love this life!.

-toad’s wild ride-

who am I?
I do not
recognize me
I am older
and gray
and wrinkled
but that’s not
It

I am not
where I thought
I would be
at “this” age

I’ve had to
change
over and over
again
to survive

but wait -
I did survive
I can walk
talk and see
hear and feel
laugh and cry 
remember
forgive and forget

I remain
a thirsty
sponge for
knowledge
of life and spirit

my journey
is enhanced
through openness
and new ideas

the golden years
are filled
with a different
light, and
a few new
twists
and turns

I realize…
this is the
right place
for me…


tears fill my
eyes as I
understand,
I am home,
wherever I
am, is home
ahhhh….

the changes
keep it
interesting



sandra m. hagan © march 3rd, 2011

4 comments:

Terra said...

Lovely.

blessedmama said...

I'm not sure any of us are where we thought we'd be at our age. But here we are, and it can be a beautiful experience.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Did you write that about me
I think so
But --- I do not look like that :)
and I do not think you do either....

Kerry O'Gorman said...

Funny you would write about this today, since I have been wandering into the menopause phase of my life. I step out of the shower and don't recognize the body in the mirror anymore...BUT I am learning to accept the bumpy, rumpled, wrinkled skin...and the silver in my hair... Love the painting by the way

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers