Florida Scrub Jay
(Isn't he handsome?! "And you are taking my picture and are in my space for what reason?)
Country Home - Old South Wrap Around Porch
(I want this house for my winter home.)
Scrub Oak -White Sands near Sebring
North Lake Okeechobee Shore
Avon Park Oak Hammock
Sunday weather was warm and windy and called us outside to play, or rather, to take a motorcycle ride. And ride we did from Desoto county where we live through: Highlands, Glades and Okeechobee County's. From Arcadia to Avon Park, Sebring, and last skirting the west side of Okeechobee and Lake Okeechobee.
The first road we traveled was named Sweetwater and we wound through the pasture lands and oak hammocks. The damp scent of oak bark and accumulated leaves took me back to my childhood and Aunt Martha Jane's home in the Ocala National Forest. We traveled the back roads coming into Sebring to eat lunch and then headed for Okeechobee.
Motorcycle riding gives me some idea how the birds feel flying through the air. Of course, I'm not far off the ground, it just seems so. No barriers between myself and the countryside, the world is wide open.
The elements of air, earth, fire and water, are close to me and I love that feeling. The sun bears down, the woodlands and pastures stretch out for miles, riding wind is a constant, ponds and lakes are scattered through out these counties.
It is my pleasure to see hawks, cows, eagles, horses, bees and sometimes, a cat. Cats, domestic or otherwise are much more elusive.
Happy to have been a riding, we arrived home safe, hot and thirsty. The old bones were stiff and the body was tired. We slept like logs.
Blessings!





2 comments:
I love that little birdie. What a face! Gosh, I haven't ridden a motorcycle in about 45 years. I've forgotten how free it feels.
Mary
Love your post - you are brave.
Never been on a motorcycle.
Think I will pass that adventure
in this life.
I send you a smile this early morning.
Post a Comment