"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Sunday, March 13, 2011

~ Orange Luscious Country Walk ~

Orange Luscious

Bull Shot
(Notice the bull in the far right, he was supposed to be the focus. :))

~ Orange Luscious Country Walk ~

This Sunday morning round about eight o'clock est, second daughter and I lit out for a  good country walk.  Today was warmer, I'd say about 59 or 60 degrees, and a small ground fog sat atop the pasture.  

Yesterday we walked about three miles and vowed we would go four miles today.  Yesterday yours truly forgot the camera.  We walked about three miles and were content without the camera.  I'm not lying.

Our country road twists and turn through orange groves, pasture lands and a few country homes.  I've always considered this particular walk a bit isolated for me alone.  Right now I'm all a twitter with the spring thrill of it and wanting to go it alone after second daughter leaves.

Spring days are pure magic and I am intoxicated with the mild weather, soft blue skies, the scent of orange lush blossoms, or beach beauty with the salty gulf air and pounding waves, accompanied by screeching seagulls, and crowned with golden sunshine.  We are  pinching ourselves to confirm we are not dreaming.

Above pictures are the first with my new camera and first ever macro shots.  There are more to come and from our beach town visit.  Right now I am fumble fisted but hoping to settle down.  I did actually read the directions and realize I will need to do more of the same.   I hope you enjoy seeing something of where I live right now.

Wishing you all a terrific Sunday.  Blessings dear hearts!

5 comments:

septembermom said...

Love your description of your intoxication with a spring walk. You breathe poetry, I'm sure. Great pictures too! Enjoy your week :)

Laura said...

I can imagine the scent of the blossoms as you were walking along. What a delightful way to be awakened to the present moment!

mxtodis123 said...

Great pictures. I can smell the scent of the blossoms.
Mary

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Love your pictures and so pleased you have a camera :) Looking forward to your special pictures...

Sandra said...

Such a delight seeing your homeland. :o)
Viewing through another's eye is fascinating.
Enjoy your new camera dear sister..

Hugs
Sandra

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers