My message is the practice of compassion, love and kindness. Compassion can be put into practice if one recognizes the fact that every human being is a member of humanity and the human family regardless of differences in religion, culture, color and creed. Deep down there is no difference.
~ Dalai Lama~
"Be kind whenever possible…It is always possible."
~ Dalai Lama ~
"...Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is no other commandment greater than these." Mark 12:31 KJV
My spiritual journey is what sustains the other areas of my life. Learning to sustain my spiritual life is my hearts desire. My beliefs and my faith(s) are expanding and I am excited. I believe we are all connected, we are the same at the core of life where it really matters.
I have recently turned a kind of corner in my handling the day to day life. The affect is very calming and peaceful. Letting go of the outcome gives me an amazing freedom.
Seeing myself in others, and others in myself, encourages love and compassion. If we care well for ourselves, physically, spiritually and mentally, our "being-will-be-well". I am endeavoring to do what is best for my well being. I am reaching out to embrace and capture what is best for me, because if my "being" is well, I have more to offer.
Valentines Day can be a good thing. Exchanging valentines during the early school days, cupcakes and candy, and a party are great fun. When we are adults designating a day to be sure our beloved knows we love them has ceased to be necessary for me. Surprise gifts or notes of love may be delivered on any day.
For many who are alone and struggling because they do not have a "valentine" this is a painful day. You can try to ignore Valentines Day, and say it doesn't matter, but it hurts. Valentine's Day is the retailer's dream day! $$$...love and the expressions of love are free.
For myself, I would happily do Valentine's Day for grand and great-grands, otherwise I want to take Valentine's Day and spread it out over the entire year. The new focus of the love would be on everyone. We would love ourselves, care well for ourselves, and watch over each other.
Another thing I feel is; I am my own valentine; you are your own valentine; we love ourselves first; and this loves overflows to bless others!
Happy Day, ya'll!

9 comments:
Great post. Last year my son and his girl broke up in December and he hasn't had a girl since. He emailed me this morning feeling very melancholy about the day. I have to remember your words.
Mary
Words well spoken from your heart Sister!
I breathe in each one and call them Sacred...
Just as you are! :)
Happy Valentines Day Everyday!
In Love and Blessing....
xoxo
Thank you
A special message
My son sent me an
Email valentine this
morning
The words so special
You are right to remember those who are alone, and I mailed 4 valentines cards to relatives who live alone and in different states. They love to get the cards! My husband and I exchanged cards this morning, as we do each year.
What a beautiful post. The best Valentine's day I had was when I was single, with a group of friends. Love doesn't always have to be romantic...
Well said!
Love this post, Sandi. Gene does things all year long that are like little Valentines left around the house or barn. But we exchanged cards. (He usually picks good ones, but this year the one I chose for him was better.)
You are right. Valentines Day should be a life choice. Every day. Not just once a year. :) xxxxxooooo
sending bountiful, bushels of love to you and all beings.
"Letting go of the outcome"....THANK YOU!
A secret I must learn!!!! Thanks for sharing this wonderful post and quotes. So glad I stumbled across you and your blog!
Post a Comment