"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Friday, February 11, 2011

~ Day and Night ~


“Sanctuary of the Soul
Cave of the Heart,
I come forth from you this Spring Day.

I brighten my soul at the threshold
of welcome,
greeting of love,
greeting of life, greeting of light,
Inspire my heart, my mind, my body
This spring day.”
May my soul be peacefully preserved
From crown of light to veil of night.

Caitlin Matthews
“Celtic Devotional”
Friday Morning – Imbolc (1 February through 30 April)

Usually I have goals set and resolutions for the new year, not so this year, it will be a year of unfolding as I go. I’m growing to love it!

Allowing life to unfold, learning to “be”, being able to “accept” things that cannot be changed, makes for surprises.  I love happy surprises.  I am an analytical person and want to know what is going to happen and when. 

Whoop!  This is evolving into a flowing of my life, not so many starts and stops.
 
We have a day, we have a night, twenty-four hours to arrange the parts of our life we control.  Attitude is the most important thing for me.
 
My meditations, walking, yoga, reading, music, friendships, family, social network – blogging, all contribute to my peace of mind.  Caring for hearth and home is important, keep the home fires burning, and the energy flowing.  Mornings and evenings I ground and center myself to take stock of the day and see what I may do better the following day.

I’ve decided I like that there is more to do, with regard to many of our pursuits, than time to do everything.   We will always be busy and never bored.  Boredom is a slow death.  (I can’t remember who said this first, but it wasn’t me. Hah!)

My beliefs create many spacious moments within which I may live and function.  Day and night I gather wisdom for others.  What I am learning and discovering is that my ongoing search is paying daily benefits into my life.

Wishing for each of you discoveries beneficial to your particular life and needs.
Blessings!

6 comments:

mxtodis123 said...

What a beautiful post and picture. Something to really keep up front as we move forward with our lives.
Mary

Sharon Lovejoy said...

Yes dear, it IS all about attitude. It conquers everything and gives us a youthful appreciation of life and all its beauty.

Thank you for such a provocative and beautiful post,

Sharon Lovejoy Writes from Sunflower House and a Little Green Island

Melodie said...

You sound like you are doing wonderfully,living your life to the fullest! That is my plan too,keep busy and keep learning!I can never understand why people let their lives get boring,there are so many new things learn and experience even if we lived to be 300 we could not fit them all in,lol!

brandi said...

~may your spirit of living life each day as it comes remain...beautiful and fulfilling post written my dear friend...i thank you deeply for your love kindness and strength you have continued to sprinkle upon me these past few weeks...knowing there are ones lifting me up has been nothing shy of a wonderful gift...i thank you for your friendship always...be well and much love light and blessing shining brightly upon you~

Kerry O'Gorman said...

I was never one for resolutions either...I believe we can achieve to be or do something better every minute, hour and day. My daily walks, yoga, reading, music,writing and photography keep me grounded and give me intentions, as they do for you as well! It's so good to meet like minded people in this world.Kindred souls. This is what gives me hope! Cheers and blessings to you as well.

Laura said...

Love that you are so totally immersed in the flow of being. I think I am too, quite often, but then I slip away from here to back there or someplace not yet arrived...but more and more I am HERE...like you.

blessings as these surprises continue to unfold, encircling you with an attitude of gratitude:)

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers