"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Tuesday, February 1, 2011

~ "Don't go gentle into that good night...."

"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

 ~ Dylan Thomas ~

(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)

5 comments:

mxtodis123 said...

I love that quote. I refuse to go gently into the night. Lots of things to do. Lots of things to accomplish.
Mary

Terra said...

Bold quote and he died young!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Love this quote and I also refuse to go gently.
So much I want to do....

Laura said...

beautiful quote and stunning image...I was about to drop by, but you beat me to it. I don't know, there is something to be said for surrendering gently, with grace...not giving up, but softening into whatever will be. I am still young, not quite 46, perhaps I will feel differently if I am blessed to live into my 70's...hard to say. For now, though, I am grateful for each day, and if another is granted I am happy to be alive for the wonder of it.

Rue said...

A great quote! A great way to live!

Looking forward to hearing what good thing has come your way...

Hugs to you!

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers