"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Monday, January 3, 2011

~ The Love of My Life Baby Girl ~

~ Zoe China Moon ~
July 24, 1999 -  December 31, 2010

My most precious Zoe is gone.  She passed away on New Year's Eve.

She was a beautiful brindle color English Bulldog.   Though she could be stubborn, she had the sweetest spirit and was so loving.

When my second husband and I divorced she stayed with him.  I could only afford apartment living and she was used to having a big yard and going up and down stairs would have been difficult for her on a regular basis.
He loved her and has taken very good care of her.

Over the years I have visited with her, with a breaking heart each time I had to go.
My heart is broken that I was away from her, my heart is broken that I was not with her when she died, my heart is broken that she is gone.

Zoe brought me joy, I loved her well!

20 comments:

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

I am so sorry...

mxtodis123 said...

My heart goes out to you. (((Hugs))). There is a wonderful place called Petloss.com that helped me through my loss.
Mary

Sandra said...

How sweet and sad Magnolia.
The loss is always so deep.
I hear you, I understand.

Take care of you and grieve as well as you loved her.

Hugs
Sandra

Melodie said...

oh..I am so sorry.It is so hard to loose a dearly loved pet.I know she will always be a part of you heart.Hugs~Melodie

Kari said...

Oh, I am so very sorry for your loss. Losing a beloved pet is so very hard. It just breaks the heart. I know she will watch over you now. I am thinking of you so much. Sending love and hugs. xoxo Kari

Ashling said...

I'm so sorry for your loss; may you find peace in the memories of time you spent with Zoe.

AkasaWolfSong said...

I am so sorry Dear One...

I am sure your Dear Zoe can feel your love as if you were sitting and holding her...it is very hard to lose our furred friends as they become one of us and rightly so. They are pure God/dess Energy...

My prayers and heart go to you at this most difficult time...I wrap you lovingly in a Sister Hug.

All My Love!
Akasa

*❀* said...

my heart goes out to you. i understand the pain of losing a beloved doggie friend.
i am sending you the warmest hugs and loving thoughts, poor you x
in time you will smile at all those beautiful and cherished memories of sweet Zoe and her spirit of course stays with you.

i am not sure you will recognise me as millie meadowsweet, but you may just possibly remember me from my previous incarnation as skipping in the meadow. yes, i'm back! this time for for keeps (i hope) and its so lovely to see you this new year, i am just so sorry its at a sad time.

Anonymous said...

Oh this is so sad. I am so sorry for your loss. I so love my pets, and feel a little of the pain you must be feeling. I am sure you have memories that soften some of the grief. Be gentle with yourself in the days ahead.

Anonymous said...

so sorry for your loss. my neighbor died New Year's Eve, too, after a long battle with cancer. And all those birds and fishes, too. It makes me think there was a teeny crack between the worlds, the way the Celts say happen on All Hallow's Eve.... so, so sorry.

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

oh sandi...this leaves me with tears in my eyes...i am so very sorry to read this...you were with me through the loss of Buddy...so you know i understand this loss all too well...losing a beloved pet is devastating...what a heartbreak...i am sending my deepest sympathies to you...you have been here for me...and i want you to know i am here for you...

i will be checking back to see how you are.

with heartfelt sympathy and love,
kary and teddy
xxx

blessedmama said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about Zoe. Our pets are so precious to us!

jaz@octoberfarm said...

oh no!!! i am so sorry to hear about zoe. it is the dreaded fear of all of us animal lovers. when teddy goes, i am going with her. please feel better and remember that you and your ex gave her a wonderful life.

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

...thinking about you today...after Buddy died i felt like the walking dead...literally...

i just felt dead. to be perfectly honest...i still cry alot over Buddy...almost everyday...it's not as bad as when he first died....but it is still a heartbreaker. Teddy has saved me...he is a gift....i just adore him with all my heart...and Buddy lives IN my HEART....

sending comfort and a hug to you today, my friend

we are here...and we understand...

kary and teddy sweet boy
xxx

septembermom said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm sending hugs to you today. Wishing that I could say something to help you through this difficult time.

kerrdelune said...

Oh Magnolia, so sorry to read that Zoe has passed beyond the fields we know. I know how much you loved her. Zoe is not alone. My own darling Cassie was there to greet her on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge, and they will be the best of friends until you and I make our own way across that bridge. They will be waiting for us when we do.

Robyn Campbell said...

Oh Sandi, I'm so very sorry. I KNOW how much you are hurting. You know I do. Have read Rainbow Bridge? If not, I will send it to you. It has helped many a mourner as their pet has crossed over. Me included. You are in my prayers.

My Blue and Scooby greeted her as she crossed over. And she is with Jesus. She is happy. It is you who must endure the pain. (((hugs)))

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

checking in on you today....that is the only way...a day at a time....

thinking about you. we are here.

sending love,
kary and teddy
xxx

Marie said...

I am so sorry about your loss. I understand the pain you feel.
I know you will hold in your heart the loving memories of your
precious little friend. <3

Kerry O'Gorman said...

I just read your post about Zoe...the hardest thing about having animals is when we have to say goodbye. But the amount of joy that they bring into our lives is monumentally worth it! Keep well.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers