"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Sunday, December 26, 2010

~ Young Hero's & The Lady Shamrock ~

~ Young Hero's and The Lady Shamrock ~ 

You know how feel about my blog friends, right?!  Well, through one very special friend, I've been blessed to "know" two of her very special children, a-hem, young adult children.  The friendship has a awesome four legged "bonus",  Shamrock!

Christopher has serious health challenges and overcame to graduate from high school!  You can see his happiness and beautiful smile in the top photo.   Unable to drive he spends time drawing and building model cars from the 1900 - 1950 era.  His Mom says he is the most courageous person she knows.  He faces each day with big smiles and happiness!  He feels he has something to show others of the love of God by his attitude about his illness.  I agree.

Something to remember about Christopher, he wants to be treated like everyone else.

Ivy and defender to the death of her brother Christopher, is courageous to compete in life.  Ivy and Shamrock compete in equestrian jumping events.  Ivy's musical talent extends to play three instruments.  She practices, trains and studies to win, steadily building her character strong to face life.  She is always a winner because she tried.  She is beautiful too!

I think of these two young people often and they encourage me.  I am in awe of their courage to face life and work hard toward giving of themselves.  We learn from someones courage to overcome illness, we learn from someones willingness to compete, we learn it can be done!

Ivy and Christopher are my hero's because they work hard to grow beyond where they are each day!

Good job Ivy!  Good job Christopher!  Good job Shamrock!

Blessings.

10 comments:

Melodie said...

What amazing young people! They must be an inspiration to everyone who meets them!

Unknown said...

Thanks you for sharing a post about great kids, there is so much negativity out there about the youth of today it is sometimes hard to remember that there are still people out there who raise really great kids, who know how to face life ups and downs with dignity and courage. Does this family have a blog?

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

great post...great kids....

so inspiring...

happy to stop by for a visit today, my friend

sending love,
kary and sweet TEDDY Boy
xxx

Robyn Campbell said...

Sandi! What an awesome post about those three. They are shocked at how you consider them heroes. And they are smiling tonight. I believe they will both sleep well, knowing they have such a great friend as you.

Shamrock sends you yet another sloppy kiss. She's in the stable tonight. The winds are blowing swift and hard here.

I love you my friend. Thanks for recognizing these two. It means more than I could ever say. :)

Kari said...

It is children like these who make the world go round and fill all our hearts with joy and inspiration. What a wonderful brother and sister! And I love Shamrock, too!! Thank you all!! xo Kari

Robyn Campbell said...

Miss Sandi, thank you. It feels good to see Christopher up there. He's awesome. But so are you. And my Shamrock looks beautiful up there. We all love you and are praying for you all the time. This is Ivy writing this not Mama. I can't believe I'm up there. It makes me feel so good inside. Going out to play in the snow. ♥♥♥♥♥♥

Robyn Campbell said...

This is Christopher here. It takes me a long time to type. Thank you for making me feel good. Thank you for making Ivy feel good. We love you. Mmom loves you too. I hope you had a good Christmas. It is a honor to be on your blog. all our love to yuo. ☻ ☻ Ivy taught me the smiley faces.

AkasaWolfSong said...

These brave and courageous children are what makes our World Sing!

Thank You for sharing their story...it touched me greatly!

Blessings to All of You! :)

Carol............. said...

How wonderful to hear about Christopher and Ivy....it is often the young who can inspire us the most.

Beautiful pinto!

Have a great week.

LARCHMONT said...

Very heart-warming and inspiring post. Thanks for writing about them! A perfect kind of post for this time of the year.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers