"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Friday, December 3, 2010

~ Thinking of the Holidays ~

Bird in snow - Northumberland, England

Winter is here, although snow is absent, the north has sent a calling card.  Boreas, the north wind, bringer of cold has found us.   He is strong and bends the tops of trees and stands the moss on ends.  He has found me sure and through me sent a frigid chill.  I am burrowed down, deep where it is warm, and safe.


My spirit is longing for those brief glorious few weeks of inspiration.  Even during this time I felt it was shoring me up for rougher days ahead.  I am thankful for every crumb and drop of peace and comfort.


My mind is working to formulate a holiday I can accept.  I’m thinking maybe a few candles, a few good foods day by day, and a little sitting in the sun a thankful repose.

Everyone warned me being hell bent on growing up in a flash, the best days of my life were upon me as a child.  Pshaw.  Now I am a mental traveler backward in time.

Have a wonderful weekend!  Blessings.

4 comments:

brandi said...

~a mental time traveler...love it...this was such a beautifully written post...i wish you a wonderful season upon you and happy travels...much l♥ve and light upon you always~

AkasaWolfSong said...

Dear Faerwillow has spoken well...a mental time traveler is what I seem to be as well. There comes a time in one's life it is a necessary thing to do, I think. Perhaps many, many times.
It's all about the processing. As my family is grown now with babes of their own the traditions we once had are now being replaced with their own ways...and that is a good thing so I've been learning to simplify mine and your suggestion of the lighting of the candles is what I will be doing too...and this year I am adding a few ornamentals to my tree a few each day so that it will be full by Yule. The ones I hang today will be blessed for the comforts we seek then Sister, peace and comfort, and joy lit from within.
Sitting with you this morning has been a heartsong! :) Have a happy, joyous day...
Love, Love, Love!!!

Kari said...

Oh, I love your idea about traveling backward in time. I think you should turn it into a book: The Backwards Time Traveler. Take care. One day at a time. One candle at a time. Love you, Kari

mxtodis123 said...

Ah, simplifying. It seems we are all having the same idea this year. I usually work so hard trying to hold down a full-time job as well as getting the holiday together, that by the time I get here, I am far too exhausted to enjoy it. Hence, this will be a simpler time for myself and the family.
Mary

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers