"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Thursday, December 2, 2010

~ The North Wind and the Robin ~

The North Wind and the Robin
Walter Crane


The North wind doth blow and we shall have snow,
And what will poor robin do then, poor thing?
He'll sit in a barn and keep himself warm
and hide his head under his wing, poor thing.



 Anonymous

8 comments:

kerrdelune said...

Magnolia my sweet, it rained all day yesterday here, and our lovely snow is gone. Drat...

Melodie said...

What a wonderful picture of a mother sheltering her child from the wind! I just love children's poems...I can't remember what I did yesterday but I can remember dozens of the sing song children's nursery rhymes!

Paul C said...

This beautiful post takes me back to childhood memories. What a delightful verse and illustration.

AkasaWolfSong said...

Ahhh what a sweet remembrance from childhood...it takes me back to Mrs.Ryan and my sixth grade classroom which was a pure delight for me. She always made learning simply wonderful.
I love the art you chose to display with the poem...Mothers doing what they do best, sheltering their beloved ones. It beckons to my heart Sister Soul...
May the Peace and Joyousness of this Holiday Season settle over you like a great worn shawl.

Anonymous said...

Your blog and posts are lovely. Thank you for visiting mine.

mxtodis123 said...

Lovely poem and picture. I miss those old days.
Mary

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Beautiful picture. Thank you for sharing all of your meaningful post. Take care...

septembermom said...

Such a lovely post. Beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers