This is how I feel today. White washed and spare. Cut down to the bone. Knowing the new season is waiting in the wings. Wanting only the simple decoration. No frills, no fuss. Holding back. There is no sense in asking why. It is what it is. I must accept.
Blessings!

10 comments:
You know, I've been feeling much the same way. I put up the tree and decorated and told hubby that this year I am not going to put all the tinseled garlands and bows. I want to enjoy the beautiful decorations this year, not cover them up.
Mary
I have felt like this simplicity for several years. Here in the woods there is a wreath of the gate. In the cottage some Christmas flowers, candles, music and a small tree on the loft - for my little girls.
Years ago I kept hearing within me...simplify, simplify, simplify.
I did and I still do.
Simplicity has brought a clarity that cannot be expressed in words.
May it do the same for you dearest Magnolia.
Love & Blessings to you
As your photo illustrates, 'spare' doesn't mean lacking in beauty. In fact, that's one of the most exquisite rooms I've ever seen...truly inspirational.
I love this look. For me, the Christmas decor is evergreens, cones, and candles. One more thing....the creche.
Jody
i think i am going for the spare look this year as well. i've been doing fussy christmas's and feel like doing a simple one this year. glad you liked the soup!
Simple and spare sounds so good to me. Last year I did a single, thin, tall living tree, the year before we used an espaliered apple in a big pot.
I used to have to decorate like a madwoman when I owned my herb store and nursery and taught a Christmas Class, but now, I want peace, quiet, and simple. I'll share photos when we finally do it!
All joys,
Sharon Lovejoy Writes from Sunflower House and a Little Green Island
It is what my heart is calling me to do Dear Magnolia...I'm putting up my little tree and a few of my Snow People and Father Time's and that will be it...that is for my Grandchildren.
Otherwise it would be my little ceramic tree I put up each year and some candles...it is about Love for me, not the commercialized holiday.
Simplicity brings more meaning, doesn't it?
Much like the babe lying in a manger...
Holiday Peace and Joy!
I love your new holiday theme here! :)
Beauty often can be found in simple things. Lots of candles and please no plastic decorations for me.
I have a small collection of antique, glass ornaments, which I love to unpack each year.
When one is able to accept there will be room for better things than anger and despair. I hope you find the strenght in love and beauty around you. Love Renilde
I am right here with you in simplicity and freedom. I am prone to overdo many things due to enthusiasm not competitiveness. I have no desire to out do the Jones or anyone else for that matter. Last year I made a sweet little hippie Christmas tree. I loved it so much I put it in my studio. I plan to KISS (keep it simple sweetheart) this year, too. Plus I made a pledge to do a handmade Christmas which will be simple, healthy, baked items. YAY ME! YAY YOU!
Post a Comment