"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Monday, November 15, 2010

~ This Is What I Am Learning ~



“To be seeing the world made new every morning, as if it were the morning of the first day, and then to make the most of it for the individual soul as if each were the last day, is the daily curriculum of the mind's desire.”  ~ John H. Finley

Approaching each day “…as if it were the morning of the first day…”, and then “…to make the most of it for the individual soul…”, inspires me to pay attention!  A signal that each day is important and my handling of the day is significant, it matters!

We are individuals and our life situations are different.  Our perspective of life comes from where our journey has taken us, where we are at this moment.

We look from the inside to the outside.  Our inner life must change before our  vision of the world outside will change.  How do I know this?  The changes are happening to me at this very moment.

 “…And then to make the most of it for the individual soul as if each were the last day, is the daily curriculum of the mind’s desire.”  The mind’s desire, this thrills me to know my mind’s desire can change.  Thinking of the individual soul speaks to me.  I see recognition of the importance and value of each and every person!

For me I believe the change began when Irwin’s tumor was discovered and the reality of suffering and death stabbed my heart.  For days I was so heavy with this knowledge curling up in the fetal position was all I wanted.  Devastation for him, my family and me, was overwhelming.

Within me a knowing began to form, life is precious and short, and I’d better quit stalling and push out of the comfort zone.  Step by step, moment by moment, the new journey has begun.

This....is what I am learning.

Wishing you peace and joy and healing!

3 comments:

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Another heartfelt entry. Blessings and restful night wishes sent to you this evening from One Woman.

Melodie said...

You have the most beautiful way with words,the way you describe you life's journeys!

AkasaWolfSong said...

Life is precious and short and happens regardless if we are paying attention to our journey or not...

I am happy your new journeying is taking you to heightened awareness Dear One!

Walking in Beauty with You!

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers