~ Birds In Tree ~
http://www.rosier-period-art.com
Growing older I find my interest and tastes have changed. Actually, it may be that I simply pay more attention and the scope of my interests is captured. Folk art is a little bit funky, and I have always liked funky.
Original art from Colonial days might have come to be because it was simpler to portray life without precise imaging. For me it creates a story book world endearing to my heart and soul.
Of late I have a growing desire to "create" something. Embroidery, counted cross stitch, drawing and painting, some art craft that extends my emotional journey.
I find myself with more doors of opportunity and interests.
Blessings and have a wonderful weekend. You all are dear to my heart.

5 comments:
Funny you should mention this...I've been going thru 'stuff' lately I have stashed here and there I thought I'd never part with but as I am nearing 60, I too find my tastes in things are changing and what I once thought was so much a part of who I am is now changing to a broader perspective...it hasn't that I've changed my mind necessarily in regards to what I thought was soooo important, just that I am expanding.
We are on the same wave length and I think it is wonderful you recognize that within yourself...it is fun to create! For me it is writing but I have begun to gather items needed to start painting and an artist I am not, but I have a feeling the inspiration will come. :)
So let's create together and know the joy that will come from it Dear Heart!
Peace and Blessings in this Season of Thanksgiving!
My interests have definitely changed. Age has brought with it a new mellowness and a new respect for the world around me.
Mary
I love folk art,all kinds! I am especially fond of quilts,lol! I think it is a wonderful ideal for you to create and it is a good emotional outlet,I am looking forward to seeing what you choose to do!
This is a wonderful example of folk art. There is a simplicity and humbleness to the depictions which can provide a poignant message today.
I have always liked Folkart!
Post a Comment