"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Friday, November 19, 2010

~ Out of Place and Unexpected ~


Several days ago I met a rooster looking very much like this handsome fellow all feather bright and shiny.  There is private property abutting the west side of the nature park.  He wandered into the park through a stand of sugar cane.  I was surprised to see him in the city.

He ignored me, I marveled at his beauty.  He stopped pecking and strutted himself over to a ditch, he switched his head back and forth, stretched his body tall and he....crowed!  It was an awesome breaking of silence.  My fellow walkers and I smiled.

I was glad he crossed my path and considered him a gift, being out of place, and unexpected.

Blessing to you!

7 comments:

mxtodis123 said...

Your rooster must have been a beautiful sight. They are so majestic. I'm in a city other than yours, but we've been seeing a great number of animals wondering the city. Why in my back yard alone I recently saw a possum....now this is in Brooklyn, New York.
Mary

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

he is a beauty..i just saw you over at octoberfarm...aren't those pictures of Teddy eating the clams too funny?

have a wonderful weekend before thanksgiving, my sweet friend.
sending love,
kary and sweet face teddy boy
:-)

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

He is a beauty. Years ago when I lived in an old farm house - I had chickens. My young daughter gave them all names. The rooster was a game rooster and she named him Long John Silver.
For some reason this rooster reminded her of a pirate:)
Blessings sent to you for the weekend..

AkasaWolfSong said...

According to www.starstuffs.com Rooster is a guardian, watcher and protector of the family. He is keenly aware of the surroundings with the physical and spiritual realms. He stimulates insights, forthrightness and confidence. He has enthusiasm with optimism and will teach you the same. It's time to open to the great mystery of the pasts to find your hidden self. He will enlighten your path to take to notice of hidden powers. Time to welcome the Sun with your voice and communication abilities with poise, confidence and assuredness. Rooster will show the power of persuasion and influence to accomplish endeavors. Rooster will aid in the process of presentation whether it be physical meetings or spiritual ones, communicating your heart's intent and desires will be Rooster's lesson.

Wow who knew! Sounds like a powerful new totem just walked into your awareness Dear Heart! :)
Lucky You!
Rooster Blessings Then!
xoxo

Cate said...

What a fine fellow to encounter on your walk - he looks like a Wyandotte rooster, not sure what subspecies though. The colors are amazing.

Kari said...

What a wonderful reminder of how we can be taken by surprise by life at any moment, and in such a colorful way, too! I especially love your rooster because he makes me want to get my art papers and fabrics out and create again. Everything is stored away in the shed for now, but just the impulse to want to create is big for me right now. YOU are such an unexpected joy yourself ~ you keep surprising us! I am thinking of you and your family every day. Our new roof goes on this Monday if it doesn't rain, and then the insulation, and then, finally, the painting can take place. I never dreamed this would all take so much time. Take care of yourself!! xo Kari

Robyn Campbell said...

Beautiful post, my friend.

I have these special surprises around me on the farm all the time, but it is especially poignant when you get them in the city.

Very moving post. I could see the walkers smiles on their faces. :)

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers