"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Monday, October 25, 2010

~ "We must...do that which we think we cannot - Eleanor Roosevelt."

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
Eleanor Roosevelt


 For me, aging has been a real shock.  The physical changes, the way my mind seems to catch only a portion of what is really going on, and discovering retirement is expensive.


But then, I am learning to cope and be resourceful, and laugh out loud at life.  I'm becoming ever more creative with finding more than one way to do a thing.


I found this quote a few minutes ago, laughed out loud, and decided to share.


 "I once had a rose named after me and I was very flattered. But I was not pleased to read the description in the catalogue: no good in a bed, but fine up against a wall. "

Eleanor Roosevelt 
Blessings and I wish you a great week.

3 comments:

Robyn Campbell said...

Thanks. You made me giggle in my sick bed, TWICE in one day. I loved reading your post. What is it they say about aging? Better than the alternative. If you don't hear from me today it will definitely be tomorrow. The bod grows weary after being up most of the day. (I've been in bed mostly since Tuesday or so.) :)

Kerry O'Gorman said...

Oh yeah,,,that Eleanor had such a gift for quotes! I like that she also says..."Do one thing a day which scares you." Thanks for the kind words on your visit to my blog. Glad you enjoyed it. I love that carved, swirly pumpkin by the way!

Melodie said...

hehehe! That was a good laugh! Glad you visited my friend Texan! Walking is good,I used to do it a lot before we moved here.I especially liked it when we traveled,to see a new place walking along slowly...you really "see" it so much better.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers