To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony. ~ 1920
William Henry Channing

5 comments:
Wise words and gorgeous photo!
And a wise and beautiful symphony it is.
I always say that I am fine having a roof over my head and food on the table. Don't need all those luxury items. Matter of fact, I only recently got my first cell phone and only because my home line was acting up.
Mary
This is a wonderful quote and handsome autumn photo.
Lovely, thank you. {and the picture is awesome!}
m ^..^
Post a Comment