We live in a very tense society. We are pulled apart... and we all need to learn how to pull ourselves together.... I think that at least part of the answer lies in solitude.
~Helen Hayes
(posted on thevagabond-dr-nyx.blogspot.com)
Solitary Bliss
For years after my divorce I hated being alone. There was a stigma attached to not having a man. As I have surely mentioned before, in the old south, a major life goal for women was marriage and children.
It has taken me six years of trial and error to awaken to the fact; being alone, being one’s own boss, all the time, is a very good thing.
The plan is to play it loose and wander within each moment of solitude. To be still; to listen; to feel the moment; to wash my spirit in the moment; to see far through the windows of my soul ; and to cultivate clarity.
Blessings dear ones and wishing all things good to settle in your life and in the lives of those you love. ~
salvador dali ~ person at the window



6 comments:
hello, my friend..saw you over at octoberfarm and came by to say HI. isn't her trip wonderful? i am really enjoying it. so is teddy.
:-)
thinking of you today and sending love,
kary and teddy
xxx
The candle quote is perfectly lovely.
I am glad for you, that you have come to good terms with your solitude. I reveled in mine for so many years as a young woman (while waiting to find my husband), hugged to me the bits of it that came my way as a mother, and truly savor the hours of it that I can manage as my mom's caregiver. Sometimes when I look ahead, I wonder how I will thrive if my mom needs me for years and years to come?
I have some quotes on solitude that I met in the first wonderful part of my latest Mary Russell novel (by Laurie King) that I will be placing in my Word Nest soon...you might see if they speak to you.
Good wishes to you in your new nest!
Great post. Although hybby and I are together, I cherish that time I have alone. Times of solitude are a necessary part of life.
Mary
Magnolia honey, super to hear you sounding serene and so completely at ease with yourself. Solitude is indeed a fine thing. Much love to you!
Sandi, I love these quotes and the photo. And the painting by Dali. I relish my solitude. (Of course, I'm sick right now, so my solitude is spent trying to unstop my head so I can sleep.) But I am thankful for those times out here on the farm when I am by myself listening to the wind. It recharges me.
And even though you're alone in your most awesome apartment, you aren't really alone. I'm just an email away. I will email you later today. Going to hit the bed right now. I love you! :)
I have read many of your older post. We have so much in common.
I was married for 23 years - 4 grown children, 5 grandchildren and I have been divorced 29 years.
I know the road you have and are traveling for I am on that same road. Much healing has taken place.
I have been so fortunate - 18 months ago returned to my country property and built a cottage surrounded by woods.
What you write and the quotations are "me".
Post a Comment