"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Friday, July 9, 2010

~ Epiphany ~


Epiphany

I’ve had an epiphany of sorts.  Just after writing a piece for my blog, a few new thoughts popped in my head.  Poof, literally, poof.  The thoughts just formed and began to speak to me.  Imagine.

Of late, in particular, I have been very unhappy and restless.  I want to be happy.  So I read stuff, this and that, trying to understand where I am and why.  To know, what’s broke, so I can repair it?

Rhythm, my life rhythm has been broken or askew for a long time.   Here are just a few high lights.  First, my eight year old son was hit and killed in 1981. I was all kinds of crazy after this.   A life’s work went down the tubes.  A thirty year marriage ended.  A six year second marriage ended.  The relationship didn’t end and we hung on for eighteen years beating a dead horse.  There’s more but I don’t want to scare you.

I think you could safely say I sat down in life and slowly let go.  I was ready to retire so I wouldn’t have to “deal” with people.  So I retired, no matter that I wasn’t financially prepared.  Reality can be cruel and exacting and unforgiving.

I forgot where happy comes from.  Truthfully I don’t believe I ever really knew.  With this mini epiphany I may have actually hit upon something.

With several life changes under my belt, my brain on tilt, and my split second decision maker broken, I ran completely amuck!  This is not pretty or healthy or productive.

There is a point to this “story”; I cannot “sit down” on life.  The “jobs of life” keep us cranking mentally and spiritually.  Think, a job well done.  Now, don’t go all green in the face but, jobs like homemaking, an outside the home job, social outreach, and nesting a place of your own,  all give order and give us a sense of well being and hope.  A job well done is part of life.

Life is full to the brim with jobs, real life opportunities to reconnect with happy.  I believe happy will open wide while going about the business of real living.

For example, I’ve always dreamed of writing but was riddled with fear.  I’ve stepped finally out of my comfort zone and began some serious writing.  Poof, one of my new favorite words, poof!, and the words are gushing forth.  Part of this may be because they have been dammed up for so long.

This is where I am right now, what I'm working on and toward.

And there you have it, in part, I’m still searching.

July 9, 2010
smh

4 comments:

Terra said...

I am happy you are finding you can write and are writing. I am a writer too and will answer any questions that I know the answer to, if you are seeking publication. Maybe the writing itself is a beautiful answer for you. Isaiah 43:18-19 writes "Behold, I will do something new, Now it will spring forth." That sounds like your writing. Go for it.

Melodie said...

I am so very sorry to hear you lost your son...that has to be the worse heartbreak in a persons life. I am glad you are finding your way with your writing and I hope you will share some more with us here.

renilde said...

Nothing better then finding something you really like and want to do,concentrating on writing in your case, will release your mind from other thoughts and give you a kind of peace,room to breathe again.Expressing oneself is like opening new doors and one thing will lead to another.
Wishing you the best,Renilde

Kerri Farley said...

I am so very sorry about your son. I can't even imagine what that must have been like. I am very happy that you've stepped out of your comfort zone and that you are starting to write. What a BIG STEP! Best of Luck to you!!

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers