~A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words~
I will not often go political, religious or ecological on my blog. Not because I have no opinions or beliefs. Rather, these are personal opinions and each of us have our own opinions, and a right to these opinions.
However, I am furious and broken hearted by this massive assault against our Gulf of Mexico I want to speak out. The very fact this happened and could have been avoided makes my blood boil!
Once again information is available which alerts us to facts showing safe guards were in place to avoid the spill. Agencies which were in place to protect allowed drilling, and other work to be done, without permits!
There are countries which have better technology available and have offered help and we said no.
There are also conflicts of interest between some of the agencies and their involvement with the oil companies.
The ecological systems of the Gulf, the Gulf tributaries, animals, the fisherman, shrimper's-crabbers, and Gulf tourism are paying a price for something entirely out of their control.
I plan to contact the governor, the senate, and the agencies involved to make my opinions known. I will make it known I will vote for those who step up to the plate and do the right thing.
I wanted to stand up and speak out and do what I can to help. More and more I believe we need each other and need to unite. Unite in love, kindness, and compassion to care for each other and mother earth.
Thanks for listening! Blessings and Happy Day!
* Below are web or blog links with helpful and interesting information.



2 comments:
this oil spill makes me ill. i just can hardly believe something like this was allowed to happen. and it was an accident just waiting to happen for a long time! i am sooo glad you liked the bread. it is almost too easy to be that good! the next time i make it i am going to double the recipe and use a smaller pot to try to get a higher loaf.
Well said! I can't even look at the pictures of the animals...it is so heart breaking.There is no reason this should have happened...our livelihood comes from oil as my Hubby builds and maintains these rigs..I am not anti oil, I am for responsibility and accountability!This was 100% preventable.....
I love your new blog layout!Very pretty!
Post a Comment