"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Friday, May 21, 2010

Raspberry Love.....

"A woodland in full color is awesome as a forest fire, in magnitude at least, but a single tree is like a dancing tongue of flame to warm the heart."...Hal Borland, Sundial of the Seasons (1964)
Wild Woodland Raspberry
"How miraculous that growing on my own little plot of land are plants that can turn the dead soil into a hundred flavours as different as horseradish and thyme, smells ranging from stinkhorn to lavender."...John Seymour, b 1914 (English naturalist)
And puck 'til time
and times are done,
The silver apples of the moor,
The golden apples of the sun."...William Butler Yeats
Raspberry Cake mmmm...

"I'm not aging, I just need repotting."...anonymouS

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Hmmm . . . that raspberry cake at the is awesome. I first thought it was a sandwich - it looks scrumptous. I also love the quote beneath - feels much like me.

brandi said...

~aaahhh....such a sweet tantalizing post...we l♥ve raspberries and that cake looks to die for yummy...warm wishes and brightest blessings~

Lesley Austin said...

Thank you for reminding me to walk the borders of the fields and visit our own wild raspberry bushes. I believe I completely missed them last year, I am sorry to say.

Your cake is utterly lovely....wild, domestic, and looks as tho' it must have been delicious. Would you tell me more about it? I wonder if it was for a special occasion, or if you were just inspired? Gorgeous.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers