"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Saturday, May 22, 2010

The Versatile Blogger Award ~ Thank you!

The Versatile Blogger Award
I received this lovely award from my friend at  Laughing Duck Farm.  I love to visit her barnyard, garden and the goaties!  She plants flowers and veggies for her family.  She has a busy life and seems to thrive on it.  Beautiful photographs enhance her stories of life on a farm.  The Dear Husband and the Son are her helpers and steady hearts.  Go see her soon!  Thank you for thinking of me and for the Versatile Blogger Award!

Something about me -  I was born here in Florida.  I've lived in Maine, Iowa and Florida.  In Florida I've lived in these cities:  Ocala, Miami, Venice, Englewood, Port Charlotte, Tampa, Crystal River, Lakeland, Bartow, Winter Haven, and Bradley.  Whew...yes, I moved around alot.

I love to read.  I love old black and white movies and black and white photographs.   My favorites:  the color green; spaghetti and meatballs; the beach; air conditioning; long woodland walks; animals; flower and vegetable gardens; fairytales; mysteries; all music, especially classical; wide open spaces; oceans, lakes and streams; and mountains.

I am a mother, grandmother and great grandmother.  I am retired and do what I want.  I value kindness and beauty and love.  I love my blog friends and enjoy tagging along on their adventures.

Allow me to pass along this blog award to:

Beyond The Fields We Know - This is a wonder blog by a wonderful woman of words, lover of nature, animals, flowers, woodland wanderer, and storyteller.  Kerrdelune will fill you with a sense of wonder at all the earth has to offer.  You will learn of words and feelings.  She creates a sense of place for you to visit.  She loves quiet times and good hot cups of tea.  Her photography will thrill you to your fingertips.  She is a kind, compassionate, gentle soul and dear to my heart as friend.  Wander by here very soon.

October Farm -  You must visit Jaz and Teddy.  Teddy is the Chow Chow in charge.  Teddy is a Fluff Wonder and Guard of October Farm and her Momma.  I love Teddy from afar.  Jaz is a Thrift Queen, gourmet cook, wife and mother, and her gardens grow green and lush and are filled with garden totems.  I believe her gardens encompass three levels, there are garden rooms, gates, doors and windows, ponds, streams and all manner of decoration.  She has recently taken to creating glass garden totems...to die for!  Jaz is kind and thoughtful woman and a helper of others.  Beautiful pictures await you at October Farm.  Go there, soon.

Laura's Homestead Adventures - Laura is not only a versatile blogger, she is a versatile human being.  She is a mother, a nurse, a friend, a volunteer, farmer and rancher.  She grows potato's, tomatoe's, blackeyed peas, bell peppers, green beans, onions and pumpkins, to name a few.  There are chickens and piggies and one horse.  She works weekdays and alot of weekends and still manages her country wonderland.  This is good woman and a good blog!  She loves visitors.

The Pioneer Woman - Versatile is the Pioneer Woman's middle name.  On her fabulous blog you will find: stellar photography, yummy recipes, horses and cows, four blessed children, one Marlboro Man, a love story, poetry and many accessories.  Visit and have fun!

Well, enough said for now.   Happy Day to each of you.

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

Congratulations darlin' on your Award!!!

From your description of likes, we have many things in common. Thanks for sharing.

I must agree with you "Beyond The Fields We Know" is an extraordinary blog. I've been reading it for years.

Have a lovely day!!!

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

Congratulations of the award, my friend....

well, deserved i say....

Teddy the Wonder Boy has just melted our hearts...we LOVE this little man SO MUCH...what a doll he is....we're so HAPPY with him here living with us.....

keeps me so busy...i have been away from blogland but hope to get back to it soon...

sending love, my sweet friend,
kary and teddy
xxx

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i am blushing! can you see me? my face is bright red! teddy says this might be better than tummy scratches! we thank you for the shout out! ps...i had my first totem crash yesterday! i didn't let it dry long enough and down it came.

Unknown said...

I am so thankful!! I am supposed to be taking a nap since i am working at the hospital tonight 7p-7a. but since I could not sleep I thought I would take a trip to blog land, I am so glad I came, what a nice surprise and what wonderful things you had to say. We all can use a nod of recognition now and then, Thank you !

Kari said...

Oh, congratulations! And I love this peek into your life and all your favorite things. I especially love fairytales and mysteries, too, and long woodland walks, and your extra note about classical music makes me think of how there is something different that happens to me when I hear classical music, for it instantly stops me and then elevates me into some higher realm, somewhere far above the fray of life. I think your blog is like that, for your beautiful quotes and photographs always take us somewhere very profound. xo Kari

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers