"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Monday, May 24, 2010

One Circle...

"And I say the sacred hoop of my people was one of the many hoops that made one circle, wide as daylight and as starlight, and in the center grew one mighty flowering tree to shelter all the children of one mother and one father.'
 ~Black Elk~
"And while I stood there I saw more than I can tell and I understood more than I saw; for I was seeing in a sacred manner the shapes of all things in the spirit, and the shape of all shapes as they must live together like one being."
~Black Elk ~
Indian Paintbrush & Texas Bluebells


"Your sacred space is where you can find yourself again and again." 
Joseph Campbell


Native American's are sacred to me.  The old ones have mystery lines on their faces.  The old photographs seem brittle with their way of life.  They were robbed of their simple sacred way of life, and because of this, we were robbed of our sacred way of life.

"Sooner or later, everybody's bill comes due."  (quote from Divine Secrets of the YaYa Sisterhood movie.)


Top photo: (Black Elk, Harney Peak, Black Hills, S. Dakota, 1931 Photo: Enid Neihard)

3 comments:

Melodie said...

I always find it terrible sad when I think of the Native people...I have some in my family tree.I always wish I knew more about them but have not been able to track anything down so far.

Terra said...

Beautiful photos.

Melodie said...

Congrads! You won my giveaway! If you will send me your mailing address i will get it in the mail in a day or two! laughing.duck.farm@gmail.com

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers