"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Sunday, May 16, 2010

"Flowers Really Do Intoxicate Me." Vita Sackville-West

The flower offered of itself
And eloquently spoke
Of Gods
In languages of rainbows
Perfumes
And secret silence...
~Phillip Pulfrey, from Love, Abstraction and other Speculations
Have you ever seen a flower down
Sometimes angels skip around
And in their blissful state of glee
Bump into a daisy or sweet pea.
~Jessi Lane Adams
Flowers really do intoxicate me.  ~Vita Sackville-West

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!

7 comments:

Rue said...

I just purchased those exact snapdragons at the garden centre on Friday! Gorgeous pics!

Terra said...

Great garden quotes and photos. Thank you for posting them.

Robyn Campbell said...

Lovely photos and quotes. I have missed you Magnolia. I see you are still treating our minds and eyes to absolute loveliness. *hugs*

Julie Dao said...

These are intoxicatingly beautiful pictures. Pink flowers are so vibrant and cheerful, trumpeting the arrival of spring!

Kari said...

Your post makes me think about how there are some very strange-looking creatures that roam this earth, but when it comes to flowers, nature simply creates one perfect beauty after another. I cannot think of a flower that isn't beautiful, although some have thorns. I guess flowers are nature's way of dressing up. Thank you for another lovely post! xo Kari

kerrdelune said...

Dearest Magnolia, these colors are ravishing!

Bonnie said...

Most people walk by these lovely flowers without a notice, which is sad. They are live as well and can provide so much joy and comfort. We are re-planting rose gardens since our move to town. Hubby does all the hard work, the tilling, planting, spraying, etc., and I do the "pruning." As I prune each rose, I give it thanks for the pleasure it has provided us.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers