"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Monday, May 10, 2010

...and good in everything

And this, our life, exempt from public haunt, finds tongues in trees, books in the running brooks, sermons in stones, and good in everything. 
William Shakespeare


Crown of Flowers
Adolphe-William Bouguereau (1825-1905)


2 comments:

Melodie said...

What a lovely picture,barefoot children are so sweet!

Kari said...

I really love Adolphe-William Bouguereau. I had never heard of him until I started blogging and began looking for paintings in the public domain. His paintings of women and children are so lovely and so endearing. He captures such sweetness, such innocence. And you find the best quotes!! I am listening to the wind right now. A very great wind is blowing through our pecan tree, and right inside the house, into the kitchen, down the hallway. I always feel the wind is full of stories that it has picked up on its way across the world!! xo Kari

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers