"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Rivers

 "I heard stories from my mother's mother who was an American Indian. She was spiritual, although she did not go to church, but she had the hum. She used to tell me stories of the rivers." ~ Tina Turner ~
"In rivers, the water that you touch is the last of what has passed and the first of that which comes; so with present time." 
"Wild rivers are earth's renegades, defying gravity, dancing to their own tunes, resisting the authority of humans, always chipping away, and eventually always winning." 
(Richard Bangs, River Gods

~ Moon River ~

This is the St. Lawrence River near Quebec City, Canada.  Venus sparkles in the upper left and Jupiter is at the right.

"The song of the river ends not at her banks but in the hearts of those who have loved her." — (Buffalo Joe)


*Moon River
zuserver2.star.ucl.ac.uk/~idh/apod/image/0509...
*Tina Turner -  Taking in Indian music: "I am still trying to understand the music here. What we heard last night was the rhythm of the soul and not just the words. Which is what I felt when I heard the old man humming. It is not melody in scale. It comes from a place within. This is when there are no words. You have the hum -- it's humming from the soul. There is no end to it and you can go on as long as you want, there is no end because there is no structure."

No comments:

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers